Sporadic E and Flare activity

hamateur 1953

Posted (edited)

Hey.  @Pom On my last trip some twenty years ago it was actually on field day in the States!! I had brought my small 75 MFj portable only for emergencies!  Was way deep in the woods. Threw up some wire for fun and was shocked at all the daytime activity!! Had a ball though.  Afterwards…. A litre of Drambuie later and we were bushed.  - - ...  … - -    Mike. 

Edited by hamateur 1953
Tagged Pom
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, hamateur 1953 said:

Drambuie

Ah, Speyside! Brilliant! I prefer the peaty drams. However, The Dalmore 15 yo (also Spey) is one of my alltime favourites. Slante!

Edited by Pom
  • Cool 1

This is not Sporadic-E but still very interesting propagation.

During the current G5 storm I was hearing Auroral propagation effects on the 40m band.

http://sndup.net/zdfq

This is a QSO between a US operator (1st) and one in the UK (2nd). The US operator is using a 2el beam, beaming over the north pole to Europe.

While the UK operator is perfectly understandable, there is some frequency modulation and frequency spread on the US operator, which makes him hard to understand.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, helios said:

This is not Sporadic-E but still very interesting propagation.

During the current G5 storm I was hearing Auroral propagation effects on the 40m band.

http://sndup.net/zdfq

This is a QSO between a US operator (1st) and one in the UK (2nd). The US operator is using a 2el beam, beaming over the north pole to Europe.

While the UK operator is perfectly understandable, there is some frequency modulation and frequency spread on the US operator, which makes him hard to understand.

Pretty amazing. With the particle storm in progress I wouldn’t have expected anything but racket on 40 metres!  And I saw the most awesome naked eye aurora I have seen to date and am brain fried.  Haha. 73. Mike. Tnx   @helios

Edited by hamateur 1953