sunspot 2835 do you have deltas points?

Isatsuki San

7 hours ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

Currently there are two delta spots but the region is very calm so don’t expect much

Hey, the   sunspot being 2835 the first betta-gamma-betta sunspot of solar cycle 25, does it mean that the "terminator" sun event happened, which was being talked about a few weeks ago? Although it is the only one with a solar disk that evolves rapidly since 2836, it shows no sign of rapid growth as was sunspot 2835

Edited by Isatsuki San
the translator and my way of writing don't go hand in hand, so I edit it

21 minutes ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

En mi opinión, el evento "terminator" se nos ha pasado por alto. Estamos en camino hacia el máximo solar, por lo que es normal que veamos grupos que evolucionan hacia regiones magnéticamente más complejas y regiones de manchas solares más grandes. Es el comportamiento normal de un ciclo solar. 

Another question, the sunspot 2835 for now, does not have to launch a solar flare x or is its complexity still not so much to launch that type of flare x?

TO be opinion, I believe that the terminator event has not passed as there are still very tiny sc 24 spots emerging at the equator at about 2 degress north/south, so we should be close to the event.  

31 minutes ago, abc said:

TO be opinion, I believe that the terminator event has not passed as there are still very tiny sc 24 spots emerging at the equator at about 2 degress north/south, so we should be close to the event.  

I haven't observed the SC 24 spots at the equator myself but during the 'end' of SC 24 there were the odd reverse polarity or SC 25 spots appearing, but it was still called SC 24. (Look I'm not telling you guys anything you don't already know)

My question is: What determines when the terminator event or (cancellation of opposite poles) takes place? Is it the complete disappearance of SC 24 spots? The emergence of SC 25 spots, a long period of solar inactivity, or the flipping of the magnetic poles?

Is it also true that it can only be determined retrospectively? 

I thought the termination event had already occurred around Dec. last year!

Anyone's thoughts? 

There is very occasional emergence of really tiny spots that SWPC doesnt number them and you might not be able to identify,. \

oppositely-charged bands magnetism collide at the Sun’s equator, they obliterate each other—they “terminate.”

Thanks for your reply abc 😃 I had read that it was  the cancellation of opposite bands of magnetism at the suns equator. 😃

However is this termination event the thing that determines when a new solar cycle begins? 

Therefore is it right then, that in a fully established new solar cycle, no old cycle suspots appear?

NO, it is not. It's when spots of the previous cycle entirely disappear. At the beginning of a cycle,  there may still be some spots from the previous cycle, meaning that its polarity is reversed. The terminator event is when there are totally no spots from previous cycle appear

2 hours ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

Cada ciclo es único, algunos tienen un comienzo más lento y otros no. Actualmente está a la altura de SC10. Puede comparar SC25 con otros ciclos en las páginas del ciclo solar. 

Although it is also a course that is taken in addition to cycle 10, it also resembles solar cycle 15, if I was compared with the new tool on the page

4 uren geleden, Isatsuki San zei:

Although it is also a course that is taken in addition to cycle 10, it also resembles solar cycle 15, if I was compared with the new tool on the page

We’re stil early in the cycle so it can still change, time will tell 🤷‍♂️😉

7 minuten geleden, daniel anderson zei:

I cant imagine a Carrington class flare unlike 1859.

strongest solar flares are often in the second half of the solar cycle so there’s till time for strong solar flares ;) time will tell ;) 

Hace 3 horas, Vancanneyt Sander dijo:

Todavía estamos al principio del ciclo, por lo que aún puede cambiar, el tiempo lo dirá 🤷‍♂️ 😉

Las erupciones solares más fuertes a menudo se encuentran en la segunda mitad del ciclo solar, por lo que hay tiempo para las erupciones solares fuertes, el ;) tiempo lo dirá.;) 

When does the second half of the solar cycle begin, in what year?

7 uren geleden, Isatsuki San zei:

When does the second half of the solar cycle begin, in what year?

December 2019 was the solar minimum, solar cycle lasts about 11 years to get back to the minimum, so solar max should be around mid 2024 and then we’re in the second half of the 25th cycle. 

2 minuten geleden, daniel anderson zei:

Is this true? New region S6961 [N23W75] emerged quickly late in the day. The region appears to be very unstable and has so far on July 3 produced 2 C flares and an M2.7 flare at 07:17 UT.

New region 2838 was responsible for the M2,74 solar flare 

10 minutes ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

Diciembre de 2019 fue el mínimo solar, el ciclo solar dura aproximadamente 11 años para volver al mínimo, por lo que el máximo solar debería estar alrededor de mediados de 2024 y luego estamos en la segunda mitad del ciclo 25. 

Ah, thank you very much for answer

11 minutes ago, daniel anderson said:

Is this true? New region S6961 [N23W75] emerged quickly late in the day. The region appears to be very unstable and has so far on July 3 produced 2 C flares and an M2.7 flare at 07:17 UT.

Although the region 12838 seems to be "unstable" but whatever I do, it will not be direct to the planet Earth, maybe when it returns it will decompose due to its "inetability" or evolutions and become stable

Edited by Isatsuki San
translation confusion with earth from soil to planet earth with the translation